Grove Dental Group and Orthodontics
COVID-19 Updated Procedures
How We Are Working to Keep You Safe
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are also closely following all guidelines set by the PA Department of Health. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- All patients with an upcoming appointment should review the COVID-19 screening questions above. Please call our office prior to your appointment if you answered YES to any of those questions. We may need to reschedule your appointment.
- All individuals entering the office will be asked those same screening questions again to be sure everyone who enters is at a low risk for having COVID-19.
- All individuals who enter the office will have their temperature screened.
- All individuals who enter the office will be asked to wear a mask - please bring one with you.
- Please limit extra companions during your visit to our office to only essential people in order to reduce the number of people in the office.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please come to the front door. Our team will ensure the social distancing of our patients while they briefly wait to be called back for their appointments. If you would prefer to wait in your car, just let us know and we can accommodate your request.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and beverages, as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You’ll see our team wearing personal protective equipment and frequently sanitizing both clinical and common areas of the office.
- We have high speed evacuation systems to increase safety for our team and patients, which is an additional safety measure for both patients and our team. A high speed evacuation system is a suction device that draws a large volume of air, and reduces the aerosol particles as they leave the mouth.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will be offering special appointment times to patients 60 and above to decrease exposure to other people in the office.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
- The office temperature may need to be lowered to accommodate our amazing team who is donning all this extra PPE for your safety. Please make sure to dress appropriately.
- Due to the increased cost of the new infection control and PPE procedures that we need to put into place due to COVID-19, you’ll notice a $10 PPE fee on your next dental bill. We added this to keep patients and team members as safe as possible, while enabling us to get our patients the care they need. Your insurance may, or may not cover this fee. If your insurance does not cover the fee, it will be billed to the patient.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.